The Pulitzer Prize is now goon affiliated.
According to GalleyCat, Brooklyn-based novelist and short story writer Jennifer Egan won the Pulitzer Prize in Fiction for her 2010 novel A Visit From The Good Squad. No, the the book isn’t about receiving a social call from Algernod Washington. Goon Squad‘s narrative focuses on the life and friends of a successful music executive and aging punk rocker named Bennie Salazar. I’ve been wanting to read Goon Squad; now, it’s an absolute must.
Other finalists for the Fiction prize included The Privileges by Jonathan Dee and The Surrendered by Chang-rae Lee.
The rest of the Letters, Drama and Music Pulitzer winners are below.
- GENERAL NONFICTION – The Emperor of All Maladies: A Biography of Cancer by Siddhartha Mukherjee
- POETRY – The Best of It: New and Selected Poems by Kay Ryan
- BIOGRAPHY – Washington: A Life by Ron Chernow
- DRAMA – Clybourne Park by Bruce Norris
- HISTORY – The Fiery Trial: Abraham Lincoln and American Slavery by Eric Foner
- MUSIC – Madame White Snake by Zhou Long (premiered on February 26, 2010 by the Boston Opera at the Cutler Majestic Theatre)