It’s no secret that I adore Nicki Minaj. I think she’s super talented, and those who disagree are simply blinded by a baseless, unreasonable hatred for her. It’s one thing to not be a fan of her music; it’s another to outright deny Nicki’s talent.
In any case, the NY Times recently ran a piece written by Jon Caramanica that discussed Nicki’s place in hip-hop and pop culture, positing that she is the most influential female hip-hop artist of all time. It’s an assessment with which I’d agree.
Her sophomore album, Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded, drops tomorrow. You better goddamn believe I’m copping it right away. The tracklisting to PF:RR is below.
- “Roman Holiday”
- “Come on a Cone”
- “I Am Your Leader” (featuring Cam’ron and Rick Ross)
- “Beez in the Trap” (featuring 2 Chainz)
- “HOV Lane”
- “Roman Reloaded” (featuring Lil Wayne)
- “Champion” (featuring Nas, Drake, and Young Jeezy)
- “Right by My Side” (featuring Chris Brown)
- “Sex in the Lounge” (featuring Lil Wayne and Bobby V)
- “Pound the Alarm”
- “Whip It”
- “Beautiful Sinner”
- “Marilyn Monroe”
- “Young Forever”
- “Fire Burns”
- “Gun Shot” (featuring Beenie Man)
- “Stupid Hoe”
- “Turn Me On”
- “Va Va Voom”
#AwwwYeeeaaahhh! Can’t wait.
Anyway, this post has no real significance other than my wanting to express how much I truly adore Miss Onika Maraj. You know you have an opinion on this. Leave them words in the comments below.